Inaugural Pastoral Care Workshop Selections
(Please Circle ONE Worshop Per Session)
10:00am - 10:30am
1. Rev. Eugene Burrell, Howard University Office of the Dean
"Recognize the Signs of Suicide QPR (Question, Persuade, and Refer)"
2. Minister Carol Owens Ford, Greater Mt Calvary Baptist Church
"Sister to Sister, One on One, Woman To Woman A Support Group"
3. Denise Garner, LSCW-C, The People's Community Baptist Church
"Developing a Domestic Violence Ministry Within The Faith Communtity"
4. Donald Younger: District of Columbia Superior Court:
"Crime Victims Compensation Program for Victims of Crime"
5. Tyria Fields, Manager, Metropolitan Police Department
"A Law Enforcement Response"
10:35am - 11:05am
1. Rev. Robert Renix, M.Div., Washington Hospital Center
"Clinical Pastoral Educationi: Integration & Application
2. Maud Clarke, LCSW-C, Interfaith Community Against Domestic Violence
"Domestic Violence is Deadly"
3. Minister Alphonso Lewis, MHS, LCPC, LPC, NCC, CSC-AD, LSW &
Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
"When the Church and the World Collide"
4. Bayliss Beard & Andrea Gleaves, (SAFE)
"The Dynamics of Domestic Violence"
11:10am - 11:40am
1. Rev. Boyd Moore, Jr. BS, MS, The Master's Touch Praise Ministries
"Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) in the Christian Church"
2. Rev. Sinclair Grey III, M.Div., The Liberation Temple
"Battered Men" - How To Break The Silence & What Signs To Look For"
3. Tyron Parker, Alliance of Concern Men
"Communities Coming Together in the Spirit of Peace"
4. Jacquelyn McReynolds, Angels Project Power
"The Prositutes from the Street to the Church"
5. Russell Binion, Board Member, DVFRB
"HIV/AIDS in the Black Church"
12:20pm - 12:50pm
1. Mandrell Birks WHURWORLD 96.3, Sighlent Storm FM HD-1
"The Aftermath of Children from Domestic Abuse"
2. Laura Rhodes, J & E Associates
"Abused Persons Program"
3. Neil Irvin, Men Can Stop Rape
"The Men of Strength Club: Primary Prevention of Violence Against Women"
4. Gwendolyn Belfield & Sylvia Pauling, Board Members, DVFRB
"Cycle of Violencve & Key Lethality Risk Indicators"
"WE CAN STOP THE VIOLENCE"